Sunday, December 28, 2008

250!

With a nice 20 mile run today in 2:26 I hit 250 miles on the nose for the month. Mileage this week was 75 and it felt great. A little tired but no joint issues, soreness etc... One blood blister on a toe is all I have to show for my effort.

Total time running 30hrs, 52 minutes (averages out to a 7:25 or so pace). Some faster runs of 8-10 miles were done right around 7 minute miles, 'recovery' runs were done just under 8 down to 7:30, depending on how I felt that day. The increased mileage along with weight reduction really helped the pace. However instead of feeling drained/tired the fine folks at QT2 had me losing weight AND feeling great and energized for every workout thanks to their custom diet plan.

Now I get to enjoy the taper time, make sure I stick to my diet and two weeks from now I will put all the work to the test at Disney. Until then I feel like superman having ran so much and feeling so great. Josh agrees with me that Daddy rocks!

6 comments:

PJ said...

Awww. What a great picture!

We're starting QT2 in a few weeks. I'm hoping for results like yours!

Geoff White said...

Good work on the mileage, buddy.
Are you finding goodfooting to run on out there?
I have to slog through soft-packed snow and it is very difficult to go any distance.
It may be six weeks before I can find solid ground to run on.

HNY!

PoC

Kristoph Kocan said...

PJ,
Thanks and good luck with QT2. It is definitely worth it.

Geoff,
A lot of treadmill miles have been put in! A couple of runs in some deep snow but the footing is so bad I worry about falling/slipping. Hope the bike parts are working well!

Joe said...

This is madness

Kristoph Kocan said...

Joe,
I am having so much fun running I may just leave my bike home and run all week in Spain!

rob said...

Good job KK, you're gonna rock Disney, enjoy the taper.